Chronic Dev Team had released Windows version of the Untethered Jailbreak for all i-device running iOS 4.2.1 using GreenP0ison RC5. This definitely is the good news for most i-device users especially iPhone 4 and iPad. So no more worry plugging in your i-device to computer on every restart or while it was running out of power and being forced shut down.
There are some important things that you need to know before proceed the untethered jailbreak:
- This jailbreak is only for i-device running iOS 4.2.1. Other than that it won’t work. So if your i-device hasn’t running iOS 4.2.1, you have to update the firmware.
- If you rely on factory unlock then don’t update to iOS 4.2.1 as it will also upgrade your baseband and will cause your iPhone or iPad losing their carrier unlock.
- If your i-device already jailbroken before using Redsn0w, you can just proceed with below steps to make it untethered.
WARNING: Do this at your own risk. I am not responsible for any problems that may occur as a result of following this guide.
- Download GreenP0ison
- Connect i-device to computer via USB and run GreenP0ison
- When you are ready, click “Prepare to Jailbreak” and follow the instructions on the screen to enter DFU mode.
- If you enter DFU successfully, greenp0ison will start the jailbreaking process.
- When it’s done, run the “Loader” Application to install Cydia
Next check out How To Download Application After Jailbreak