So far you think your new website has been completed. What should you do next? The first step for your website to get noticed is to submit it to the major search engines. The major search engines that I always like to submit my new sites to are Google, Yahoo and MSN. While there are other search engines that may be able to bring you some traffic, we will just stick to the top three for now.
Submit your site to Google :
- Google is the most popular search engine on the Internet, and it’s entirely free for the primary listings. Google bases its search results on website content as well as their patented PageRank algorithm which factors in links from other websites to determining your rank in the search results.
- Click here to submit your site to Google.
- Add your website URL, enter the characters you see into the last box and then click on the “Add URL” button.
Submit your site to Yahoo :
- Second most popular search engines. Yahoo controls the search results on MSN, AltaVista, and Alltheweb in addition to its own search results. And the submission is free.
- Click here to submit your site to Yahoo.
- Enter your Yahoo ID and password into the form provided.
- Enter your website URL into the “Submit a Website or Webpage” form and then click on the “Submit URL” button.
Submit your site to MSN :
- The third most popular search engine.
- Click here to submit your site to MSN.
- Type the characters displayed in the picture, enter your website URL and then click on the “Submit URL” button.
You only need to submit your website to the major search engines once. Submitting your website multiple times has no effect on your position in the search engines, neither effect the frequency with which the search engines will visit your website.